Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why I love the Movie Gattaca

"You wanna know how I did it? This is how I did it. I never saved anything for the swim back."

Gattaca is one of my all time favorite movies. It's about a man, despite his intense passion, intelligence, charm, and stunning good looks, lives in a society where DNA solely determines your rank and place in life. Therefore, he has to go through constant challenging obstacles to fake the system so that he can achieve his life long dream of space travel.



In this scene, Vincent (Ethan Hawke) is confronted by his younger brother, Anton, jealous of Vincent's further success despite Anton's "superior" DNA.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this moving years ago. First, it's a great sci-fi. Second, it shows that imperfection can be accompanied with perfection. Love this movie!

    unebonnevie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - imperfection can be a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete