Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

ATB Autumn Leaves

I was in search of the French classic song "Autumn Leaves" written in 1945, music by Joseph Kosma and French lyrics by Jacque Prevert, later performed in English first by Jo Stafford. Instead, I had a wonderful surprise of finding a downtempo song of the same name from the Album "No Silence" released in 2004.

I must have been living in a cave because I wasn't that familiar with ATB (André Tanneberger from Germany) until I accidentally came upon the downtempo song, "Autumn Leaves" and fell in love.

What was surprising is that ATB usually produces some heavier electronic dance type of music, but this particular one, "Autumn Leaves" was slower, melodic, emotion-evoking-hurts-so-good with very very sad lyrics. I mean, check these lyrics out:


I woke under the cover of darkness

Looked up into the television sky
Tonight

I wandered through the city alone this
Rain wouldn't stop, I couldn't dry my eyes
I cried

Who is the one to blame
Why is it that you never say
...when the feeling leaves
...if you're through with me



As I'm walking through the rain
Cold tears falling down my face
...like the autumn leaves
...on a windy day

I went to the edge of town
Over bright highways where the traffic was the only sound
Around

While my eyes were looking at the ground
I could see pictures of you floating all around
I didn't doubt

Who is the one to blame
Why is it that you never say
...when the feeling leaves
...if you're through with me

As I'm walking through the rain
Cold tears falling down my face
...like the autumn leaves
...on a windy day

Who is the one to blame
Why is it that you never say
...when the feeling leaves
...if you're through with me

As I'm walking through the rain
Cold tears falling down my face
...like the autumn leaves
...on a windy day

Who is the one to blame
Why is it that you never say
...when the feeling leaves
...if you're through with me

As I'm walking through the rain
Cold tears falling down my face
...like the autumn leaves
...on a windy day

Who is the one to blame
Why is it that you never say
...when the feeling leaves
...if you're through with me

As I'm walking through the rain
Cold tears falling down my face
...like the autumn leaves
...on a windy day

3 comments:

  1. Hey whats up! Just thought i'd say you're not the only one who discovered this amazing jem!! This song has been my favorite of ATB for a few years now. If you like this song you'll like "Wait for Your heart" on the same album... IMO his best songs are Ecstasy, Autumn Leaves, Here With Me, Swept Away, My Saving Grace, let U Go, A New Day, Desperate Religion. Listen to his whole No Silence album and you'll be in heaven (when you listen is when you'll find out why ;)

    Its true hes trance music, but he is so broad in trance, not just about the BOOM BOOM base lyrics but also beauty songs like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment - I will check his other songs soon. Sorry it took me so long to write back, I didn't see this message until now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andre amazingly gifted musician and composer, knows how to feel beautiful in sounds like no other in its own way.

    ReplyDelete